top of page

About Pavna Lake

Pawna Dam, Pawnanagar

Pawna Dam was established in 1972. When Pavna Dam is planned to construct over Pawna River About 2500 acres of land was under the Irrigation Department of Maharashtra.
The farmers living there rain water was the main source for farming. This had caused several droughts in Pawnanagar Region. after detailed survey conducted in the region and Maval Tehshil identified for the construction of Dam.

Construction work of Pawana Dam Is began in 1964 also It was under stay for a year due to India-Pak war in 1965. The Dam was completed in 1972.

Pavana Dam Is Beside Pawnanagar village. about 110 km from Mumbai via kamshet and 50 km from Pune via kamshet

Pawna lake dam full of water in rainy season
Pawna Lake view from hilltop

Pawna Lake Became Famous

At the time of Pawna Dam construction farmers land acquired and they were shifted to the hilltop with only their house land but not farms on which they were living, survive. some villagers moved towards city
In Last 5 Years Pavna Lake was just a water Reservoir, Now a Days its a Very Famous Tourist Place in Maharashtra as well country. Mostly 70% Tourists from Mumbai and Pune and remaining 30% from other states and Foreign.

"Pawana Lake Agro Tourism Business" was the Weapon in Farmers hand To fight against Poverty.
Now Pavana Lake Is The Highest Tourist Gaining Place in Maharashtra.

Pawna Lake Nearby

Pawna Lake is surrounded by Historic Places Such as Forts, Lakes, Caves, Temples, etc

Our neighborhood is Tung Fort, Lohagad Fort, Tikona Fort, Visapur Fort, Rajmachi FortPawna Lake, Lions Point, Prati Pandharpur, Satya Sai Baba, Bhushi Dam, Karla Caves, Bedase Caves, Bhaje Caves, Dukes Nose, Shooting Vally, Rajmachi Waterfall, etc


tikona fort
bottom of page
Web visit notifications